Sunday, May 8, 2011

Welcome to my wizarding world!

In my persona as Professor Victoria Threadneedle, I am a gadabout cosplayer and costumer with a mad passion for Harry Potter, wizarding bits and bobs, Victoriana, vampire, and steampunk, plus anything pretty and lacy.  I am currently a visiting professor of advanced charms and configuration at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  I attended the Salem Witches Institute and spent my final year as a foreign exchange student at Hogwarts.  Actually, I refused to return to Salem (something about their time machine being missing) after my year at Hogwarts, so I happily make my residence near Charing Cross in London.

In real life I am a co-organizer of the Houston Harry Potter Meetup group and serve as the Hufflepuff Head of House ( a fortunate choice since my favorite color combination is black and gold). I am a gadabout cosplayer and costumer with a mad passion for Harry Potter, wizarding bits and bobs, Victoriana, vampire, and steampunk, plus anything pretty and lacy. (Haven't I read that somewhere else?)

My desk -


A closer look:

Looks like that undetectable extension charm on the trunk has worn off...where are house elves when you need them.  And, yes, that is a Russian army field cap with a 1918 dirigible insignia right underneath my souvenir of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Funny, I never realized the Ministry of Magic had a golf team.  My Hufflepuff dress robes have migrated to the top of the trunk.  Whoops - looks like that just might be one of Godric Gryffindor's tunics underneath.   And I guess Salazar Slytherin might want his staff back. I love my time machine!

Before television and movies, families enjoyed the magic of the stereopticon and I was so lucky to find this one. And one can never have too many wands or hats or skulls.

 or candles and candleholders. These are all very special because they are handmade by friends.


Any guesses yet as to which item is the time machine?


My new collecting passion - scent boxes. The concept is ancient.  Mine are all filled with amber, my alltime favorite perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment