Monday, May 16, 2011

Vampire Ball Gown

This gown started out life as a markdown at Ross (yeah, I spend a lot of time looking at the sale racks) and I snagged this one for $19.

The dress is a basic halter top, lace-across back so popular for prom.  I liked the pickups on the skirt.  My first alternation was adding black and silver rhinestones to the pickup points.  Then I added a stretch lace ruffle around the top and allowed enough to make off-the-shoulder straps.

I wanted the swag effect in the front and a bustle in the back.  I did this with some black lace. 

Front View

Detail Front

Detail of pickup jewels

Back View
Non-resident Evil

As the Evil Stepsister with Evil cohorts Laura and Simone - Laura is a costumer and Simon's husband designed and created her costume

Disney princess invasion at Infinitus 2010 - our lovely Cinderella - Meka - made her dress

No comments:

Post a Comment